Friday, March 5, 2010

a good morning

It's been hard for me this time round (after this second miscarriage) to get motivated and back into church work again. I just wanted to drag my feet and stay at home and just do "my own" thing. I had to keep reminding myself that "my time" is not really "my time", but actually "God's time", given to me to use for His Glory. Our little girl, Ashlyn (don't let her know I called her little!!), is at preschool 3 days a week, so I do have the time to continue with Bible Study and Literacy, it was just the motivation element that was on the back-burner. However, I knew I had to start, I knew I should start, and that sense of duty brought me back into my Thursday morning literacy class.

And what a joy!! Maybe it was a sense of duty that brought me into the literacy class, but how God used that to motivate me again! Isn't it wonderful to reflect on how He does amazing things like that? He gave me such a great morning! There's a bunch of 8 or so new young women (girls?teenagers? most of them don't know their ages, so that's my guess) along with two others continuing on (as they just haven't got there in the last course). Then there's a couple of helpers from the last course, who come along to help out, and to do some extra, harder work that I give them!

And...I am using a new course, and I am making it my own as I go, drawing on my experiences from the last year or so. The students did so well. We played phonics games and had fun while learning. They were smiling and I was smiling...all in all a great morning. Just what I needed to be motivated to start Bible Study again next week and to continue on with literacy!

And I meant to take some photos of the new group, but I forgot my camera. Maybe next time??

2 comments:

Allan and Alice Buist/Plug said...

Glad to hear it went well. God does give great blessings through this type of work. I lead LifeSkills Club once a week at Streetlight and I go home every day happy and renewed.
Praying for you and your family.
Alice (and family)

Elissa W said...

I think we all struggle with days of lack of motivation - and it is amazing how so often God blesses us once we do get going! We are continuing to pray for you all, especially in light of your recent loss. May His strength surround you each day!
Tim, Elissa & family